Sunday, June 10, 2007

Steve Crashes the Stanley Cup Finals





Steve went down to the final game of the Stanley Cup in Anaheim last week. The lucky duck (ha ha! see what I did there?) and his friend Otto were invited by Teemu Selanne to come down on the ice after they won, into the locker room, to the players after party and then over to Teemu's house. When Steve called me from the airport the next morning to tell me he touched the Stanely Cup I told him I didn't hear him and to repeat himself. He said a little louder, "I touched the Stanley Cup!" so I said again, "Steve, I'm not hearing your right, I'm sorry." He then yelled into the phone, "I HOISTED THE STANLEY CUP!!!" Um, como?

I thought that thing had like full time guards or something, but no, the pictures prove it. Apparently it was a free for all as long as you were within arm's reach. Anyway, as you can tell, Steve was a wee bit excited; his only disappointment about the whole thing is his picture with Teemu came out a little blurry (picture #2). And my only disappointment is the he's going to be even more obsessed with hockey next season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! has he washed his hands since? how does he know Teemu Selanne? work i assume?

Ruben

Chelsea said...

That is pretty sweet! I don't even like hockey and I'm jealous!

noelle said...

i think he has washed his hands, although i wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't. he knows teemu because when teemu played for the colorado avalanche he moved in across the street from steve's best friend, otto. otto and teemu and their wives and kids became really good friends so otto would invite steve out for games, etc, so steve has gotten to know teemu that way. he has noting but nice things to say about him - i guess he's incredibly nice.