Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sicky

I thought this might be the easiest way to give everyone a heads up. I took Margaret to the doctor today and she has a sinus and ear infection as well as Rubella. She has a rash and the doctor checked her glands and diagnosed it that way, no blood tests were taken. I am so sorry. Marci and Beth, you should talk to your OBGYN's and tell them that you have been around Margaret, etc. Her rash symptoms started on Friday. I have absolutely no idea where she would have got this from (most people only get it in underdeveloped countries), so I doubt the diagnosis a little bit. And supposedly the US has been free of it for like 10 years. Let me know what your doctor's say.

Amber

5 comments:

noelle said...

what does her rash look like, and what do they do to treat it? scary.

Anonymous said...

isn't that something they vaccinate for? I hope she feels better soon, poor margaret!

Amber said...

They do vaccinate for it, but the first does isn't until 12-15 months. Her rash is kind of weird looking, mostly just blotchy everywhere.

Chelsea said...

Poor Maggie, she just wanted to hug her cousin, and we couldn't let them near each other!

Amber said...

I am taking her today for a second opinion, so I will let you know.