Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fasting for Hallie

I just wrote a long update on my blog if you want to know exactly what is going on (not that I really know myself). She might not have moya moya, but something more rare and not easily treated. It feels like we are starting over from square one. She will start more testing next week on Tuesday and we'll go from there.

Instead of leaving ourselves open to the possibility that I could go into labor on Monday or Tuesday which given my luck lately would be exactly what happened, we are going to be induced tomorrow. At first I was a little devastated, this is NOT how I imagined any of this going down. Could there be a worse week in my life? And then to have a baby during it? I can hardly wait to meet this new baby, but to have all the rest of this weighing on my brain at the same time is just torture. I stay sane in my hope that at some point we will get some GOOD news. If things go well tomorrow, that would be a start in the right direction.

This Sunday is fast Sunday and I am asking anyone who is able, to fast on Hallie's behalf that the doctors can figure out what is going on as well as how to help her. I know there are precious few friends and family out there who aren't pregnant or nursing, but anyone who can, I would REALLY appreciate it! Love you.

1 comment:

The Martz Guppies said...

Em- I am with you! We will include Hallie in our fast this Sunday. I have been prayerful and included her on the prayer roll at the LA Temple (not that G-ma & G-pa Miller haven't).
For those who are Preggers or Nursing...you can fast something besides food. I would always fast TV on a Saturday. (I don't watch on Sundays, so not much of a sacrifice there.) It REALLY turns my attention toward the fast in the same way! (Kids show can still go...but nothing for Mom.)