Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Racing Nascar Style

hi my birthday gift from kathy for my seventyth (70) that's right, 70. she bought me the
the richard petty experience at las vegas raceway. 80 laps in a nascar race car. you follow
an instructor in your own car, alone, no one else in the car with you. it was an all day
fun filled time. i have not experienced anything quite like this before, well just one other thing
being married to kathy. you drive 10 laps at a time, then critique, then 10 more laps. we also did sideby side four cars at a time at about 125 to 130 mph. that was great. the last 20 laps were all out as fast as the instructor thought you could handle. my top speed was 147,36 mph.
though it felt like 210 or more. i'm ready for carl edwards next year, if marvin will sponsor
me.
thanks honey
ruben



















8 comments:

Eddie P said...

Where is the Picture of him doing his Backflip?

honey said...

chelsea missed me in the back straightaway at 147.36
it felt like 210.99
papa

Debbie said...

Ok guys, a story really needs to go with these pictures. We all know the Ruben we love is, "orginial", but??? You all look thrilled to say the least! Can't wait to hear.

Bridget said...

Chelsea, add some text, please :)

honey said...

debbie kathy gave me the richard petty experience at las vegas raceway. it was 80 laps in a race car. it was the most awesome thing you can imagine, next to being married to kathy and having all those great kids and grandkids. she is the best.
rub

lori said...

did you trim your beard Ruben or is it tucked into your suit? You are one cool dude. Glad to know ya.

Chelsea said...

why don't you have Ruben add some text, I'll give you my password etc, then he can write about his experience.

Marci and Morgan said...

That sounds like so much fun- I'm can't even imagine driving that fast. I'm glad you had a great birthday!