Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Porter!




Morgan bought trick (relighting) candles for the cake- the kids had a blast- there was perhaps a bit more saliva on the cake than I could've hoped for- but no one suffered any ill-effects. Appreciate if you will our traditional chocolate fudge birthday cake- I stayed up until 1 in the morning making it (of course I didn't get started until past 10)- but it was totally worth it.
The kids' meal prize this week at the Dairy Keen was a pirate ensemble- you would've been surprised at how well Seth could wield his sword- and the accurate fighting noises he came up with on his own. It was so funny!! cheesy birthday boy grin...


Porter turned 3 this week! I can't believe how much he's grown in what seems like a very short period of time. I don't like it one bit as a matter of fact.... Be that as it may- we had a little party for Porter at grandma's house on Saturday so that Emily and her kids could be here for it. Then on Monday, Morgan and I took the kids bowling for his official birthday- you've gotta love the good old (practically unchanged) Holiday Lanes bowling alley here in Heber. They still have the best burgers and fries around though- so we love it!!! The only thing that's changed is the up-to-date computer monitors for score-keeping (rather than the paper & pencils) and, well- the new jukebox. Apart from that I'm pretty sure if you walked back in time 25 years (probably more- I can't say for sure...) you would walk into the exact same place. It's really refreshing actually.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Parker will be so disappointed he missed the pirate toys at Dairy Keen.That picutre of Seth is priceless. Happy Birhtday Porter. And I am so glad to see someone add to the blog.

Anonymous said...

Bowling!?!! I won't show Elena, we HAVE to go next time I am there. Yeah, they probably have bowling alleys here too, but it's not the same!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that you had posted birthday pictures until I had already put mine on, the more the merrier!