Tuesday, April 8, 2008

River, Here We Come




















































If I may say so myself my husband is pretty amazing.  The dock project at the river has been going on for the last couple of weekends and it is now finished. Matt went to the river on Thursday night and started work on Friday. He managed to get all the beams on the dock that day. He backed his truck up into the water, pulled the 200 lb. beams from the back and floated them in the river over to the dock.  Scott, Morgan and John arrived on Friday night and they all went to work on Saturday to lay the trex on the deck.  John and Morgan also got the pleasure of loading all the old nasty dock into the truck to take to the landfill.   Where of course the Indians only take cash (hmm, does this sound fishy to you too?).

Anyway, it is done and beautiful.  The next project will need to be the cement on the patio, right Grandpa?  That way no one will have to wear shoes for either the patio or the dock.  

Thanks to the hardworking men who made the long trip to help.  And who had an even longer trip home. :)  And thanks Grandpa and Grandma fort providing this wonderful place for our family to gather and have fun.

5 comments:

Marci said...

Yes, thank you all- I can't wait to see it! Thanks for all your hard work Matt- you're amazing!! Hooray for the new dock!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what team work! I love all the pictures and can not wait come visit and really get to enjoy it! How nice to no longer have to skirt around soft spots and holes, Matt if you weren't married (espcially to my cousin) I could kiss you! (again:)

Anonymous said...

maybe my husband should just come home and I could kiss him too!!

Benjamin said...

Emily, I know how you feel.

Scott said...

Matt did a great job. He had done most of the hard work before we got there. They let me run the nail gun. I had some "not-deck" things in my gunsights...but withstood the temptation. John and Morgan got to load all the old dock material into Matt's truck. I was trying to stay looking busy so I wouldn't have to. It worked.

The dock looks great. Thanx to Matt and Ruben for the demo job the weekend before. I was definitely too busy that weekend.

Thanx again Matt.