Friday, January 19, 2007

And Now a Word from Dr. Garnica...


I got this email from little Ruben today that he wanted me to post and I happily obliged. I realized today that I think the last time I saw him was almost four years ago in San Diego, so it's nice to know he's happy and doing well. I also found this picture and webpage of him regarding his work at Cambridge. I know it's horrifyingly embarassing to all of us what a dummy we have in the family, but I thought I should share the link anyway: http://www-dak.ch.cam.ac.uk/people/Ruben.html. Here's his email...
-----------------

Hello all! Its been a long long time but I am still around and doing quite well. Now that we have this wonderful blog I thought I might take the opportunity to say hello and give a quick review of whats been going on with me.

I am currently living in Warsaw Poland with my girlfriend Agnieszka and her (our) dog Toshia. We have been dating for about seven months now and met while living in Cambridge England. As you probably know after Brenda and I moved to the UK things got worse and we eventually split and are now divorced. But Aga and I are very happy together and plan on living in Poland for the next few years while we figure out if Bush (or any president for that matter) will let an ex-Communist like her into the country! We may not move back to the States right away though as we would both like to travel a bit more before we settle down. However, if things go according to our plan, we will most likely be back next Christmas for a visit.

I admit that I am a bit of a Gypsy so I have started a blog of my own to track where I have been. I post photos from my travels, silly stories, and whatever else suits my fancy. The url is:

www.ocphotography.blogspot.com

One of my favorite post so far is this neat video I found on YouTube. Enjoy and I'll try to keep in touch...

http://ocphotography.blogspot.com/2006/09/jump-rope-video.html

Ruben

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Ruben,
It is good to hear that you are doing well. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are still alive out there in the world! It's about time we heard from you! I'm glad you are happy and things are going well. Hopefully we'll see you this Christmas!

Marci said...

Yeah, I was in doubt that you were still alive as well- I'm glad to be wrong. It's great to hear that you are doing well and I look forward to seeing you next year. Things have changed in EVERYONE's families in the last 4 years!!