Tuesday, April 10, 2007

California Here We Come








Ahhh... April in California- what could be better? It's turned into an annual affair this April jaunt to the land of sunshine- well, partly sunny anyway! My mom agreed (after much coersion, and many refusals) to accompany Beth & Jack, and me and the boys to California for a week. We had such a great time- despite the lack of sunshine and the slightly chilly weather. It was warmer than I've been in several months, so it was great! We got to see some old friends, visit with grandma & grandpa (well bug them anyway- especially grandpa, grandma loves us too much to bug) and see some of our favorite places. We also got to taste many of our favorite places too- because this vacation is all about the bugging of grandparents, and the food. That's pretty much it- oh, and some skating at the beach- it's also about that. Plus, it being my birthday (by the way, I am accepting birthday gifts throughout the month), I got to milk it and shop, eat AND swim in a heated pool! Grandma prepared several fabulous meals for us and (try not to be jealous) she also made me our special family triple layer chocolate cake!!! I know- lucky me! So all in all- it was fun, the boys were pretty great, and we had fun, fun, FUN!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

HA! "Try not to be jealous". . . How could we not be jealous of that?!

Anonymous said...

seriously, we are jealous...it is impossible not to be. I want to go bug Grandpa

noelle said...

no kidding marci, i am sitting here in my office, more uncomfortable than ever, seeing pictures of you playing at grandma's and feeling completely picked on :(.