Monday, April 2, 2007

Baby Shower, Anniversary and Family Stuff


My baby shower was Saturday and in a nutshell it was awesome! Amber worked her usual magic and the whole thing went off flawlessly. The food was great (courtesy of Ann and Amber), the game was fun, the decorations were AMAZING - Honey made a diaper cake that was truly a work and a wonder - and the presents were nice, too :). The take home gift was very well received as it should have been - candy apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company. I should also recognize that Jennifer made a large cash contribution to ensure the baby shower could take place. Thanks everyone for giving me such a great shower...it will be so nice for all of our little ones to realize how much their family loved them before they were even born. I will post pictures when I have them. Grandma, Emily and Chelsea, I missed you.

Today is Honey and Papa's 19th anniversary! It really doesn't seem like it could be that long, I guess time flies when you realize how lucky you are to have Ruben in your life.

We had dinner at Ann's last night and celebrated Marci's birthday. Ann surprised all of the women and the kids with aprons she made. She hung one on each chair and we got to pick which one we wanted. They were all so cute it was hard to decide. It was a great Easter present and now that I am actually not going to be working for the first time since I can honestly remember (for at least 12 weeks anyway), I might actually get to use it.

Today Bridget, Amber and I met for lunch and a badly needed shopping trip to Babies R' Us. On Friday, Honey, Amber and Bridget were over and we were going through all of the stuff I have for the baby. They were slightly horrified after going through everything to discover I basically only had clothes and no real necessities for the child. I guess in my mind, clothes are the only real necessity :). They're saying, "Where is all her layette? Where are the diapers? You need a garbage pail in here. Are you planning on giving the baby a bath? Then where are the washcloths? You don't have a changing pad? Where are the onesies? Do you have breast pads? Socks? Caps? Pacifiers? A Baby Monitor? You only have three receiving blankets???!!! YOU DO REALIZE SHE COULD COME ANY DAY, RIGHT???!!!" I'm sure you can imagine how this went, Amber and Honey looking at me like I am an idiot while I have all of these cute outfits draped all over me, me looking back and forth like a deer in the headlights. Really, though, I AM an idiot when it comes to this stuff. How am I supposed to know? I've never done this before!!! Luckily, and with their help, my car is currently packed to the ceiling with about a million dollars worth of baby crap and I'm not in labor so we're safe. Crisis averted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!! Noelle, you are going to do just fine--especially with such amazing family and friends to help, along with your own "Mom instincts!!" :o)

Marci said...

I love it- it's so much fun- this anticipation!

Anonymous said...

How much longer until your due date? I am SO sad that I had to miss the shower, I'm glad it was perfect and am waiting for pictures! What a fun shopping trip, babies r us is like baby heaven. Anna can officially come now that you are ready!

noelle said...

em, my due date is the 20th, so only 17 days from today! i'm betting, however, that i will be overdue. my ob checked me yesterday and i was one centimeter dilated and 50% effaced so my body does at least realize it's going to have a baby, but i get the feeling it's not really in a hurry, probably because my child is reluctant to come to a mother who is clearly so unprepared.

thank you for the adorable outfit you sent anna! that was so thoughtful of you. i couldn't figure out what was being sent to me from the east coast and was so pleasantly surprised. the card was so sweet, too. thank you!!!

i hope you have fun with your mom in a few weeks! she's not getting back until the 23rd so that's another reason to not dread being a little overdue. how can my first child be born without aunt ann around? it seems almost absurd.