Thursday, February 15, 2007

First Photos and Report from Aspen






Marci returned home last night and sent me these pictures and a ski report that almost made me cry. Here is an excerpt from her email..."I think that yesterday had to be the BEST ski day I've ever had in Snowmass, and possibly in my life. We had about 10-15 inches (about 10 in some places- and up to about 15 in others) of soft, fresh snow all over the mountain. It was like skiing in the clouds- it was absolutely INCREDIBLE!! Some of the older set will tell you a slightly different story since cruising was NOT an option in those conditions, but even they had a good time."

The pictures of the family eating were taken at the Wienerstube in Aspen. Going to the Wienerstube on Sunday after church is a family tradition but I don't ever remember anyone taking pictures there so this might be a first.

Yesterday I talked to Amber and Honey who were with Grandma watching the Westminster Dog Show and watching baby Margaret, Jack and Seth. Honey had to stay home because she forgot her boots and had to rent but they made her so sore she couldn't ski.

Steve left last night just before 7 pm to head out to Snowmass and got there at about 1 am this morning. I told him it was only about five hours, he found out once he was halfway there that it was over six. I don't think he was too happy with me but I'm sure he's just fine now that he's swishing the day away up on Elk Camp or High Alpine or the Big Burn or some other glorious hill!

4 comments:

johnEboy said...

Wednesday was a great day, one where you wished you brought your snorkel. Matt, Beth and I hiked Long Shot and out to The Wall and got sweet first tracks everywhere we went. At one point I heard Matt behind me start into a coughing fit as some the powder was inhaled directly into his lungs.

Jack's "legs in the air" is a pose he often reserves for when we are trying to put his new diaper on.

noelle said...

oh this is all making me sick! inhalable powder? i feel so totally ripped off!!!

Chelsea said...

Jack looks like a different baby! Eddie asked who he was! I'm not going to comment on how good the skiing is, because I might cry if I let myself.

Jen said...

You guys definitely missed out! Mike and I skiied down Long Shot with Garretts class and it was awesome! Tori basically had a private lesson all week, Cami had Tori's favorite teacher, and Allie had fun even though she was strapped to one of those annoying boards, but mostly because the only person in her class was a hot Brazilian who barely spoke english. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa-You're the best!