Monday, February 26, 2007

It was Too Much


Marissa and Tiffany threw me a baby shower in California this weekend that would have put Martha Stewart to shame. From the individual ramekins of homemade macaroni and cheese, to the cheese tray with the cheese individually labeled, to the takehome gift of lipbalms and lotions, to the tulips and roses, to the mint lemonade, to my favorite coconut cake and individual cupcakes with diaper pins on them, it was almost too much to bear. I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while which was so great. Jenny Sidebotham brought her new baby girl and teared up numerous times during the shower - I kept having to tell her to stop being so emotional. I totally forgot that there were presents until they brought them all in for me to open, and wow, Anna got some really great stuff. She and Paige will be the best dressed baby girls in Utah County!

I will say that the one thing about the shower that makes me cry when I think about it was just being at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We spent the night there and I haven't been in their house forever so walking into it hit me pretty hard. I think all the grandkids would agree that is the best house in the world. I love the way it smells. I love the gardens and the art and the backyard and the playroom. I just love everything about it. And there's something about the bedrooms downstairs that make them bonafide sleep chambers. When we got there, I just looked around for a while and it was all I could do to not start bawling thinking about how much that place is a part of my life and how many hundreds of good family memories live there. For me, there is no safer, cozier, happier place in the entire world. So thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting me have my shower there and being really truly the best grandparents on the planet and always making your homes the place we most want to be.

I don't have the pictures yet but will post some as soon as I get them.

No comments: