Monday, March 19, 2007

Bergen Spring Break '07






Jenn sent in a report of their trip to California and it looks like they had an amazing time, but when you're staying at Grandma's, going to the beach, and hanging out at Disneyland, how can you go wrong? Here is her report...

"Here are some pictures of our trip to California for spring break. We went to the beach on Tues and couldn't of asked for nicer beach weather. The kids dug in the sand all day and Allie buried Garrett. The beach and Gma's house definitely make me miss home! We had a great time visiting with Gma and Gpa even though they both got sick while we were there and had to be in bed. Me, Honey, Ann, and the girls went to The American Girl Place. We were in doll heaven. Cami's doll had her hair done and we had lunch at the cafe. We shopped and had a lot of fun. Garrett went off with Ruben and visited a lot of old men, but as a reward Papa bought him a pellet gun. They did their best to shoot squirrels and crows, but there were no animals killed during the visit.

We tried California Adventure for the first time and had a blast. The ride Soarin' Over California is really cool. We loved California Screamin'-it's an awesome rollercoaser, and Mike and the kids must have ridden the Maliboomer (similar to the moon shoot on the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas) at least 6 times! I rode it once but was too sick for the other 5! Also, the Electric Light Parade was at Cal Adventure for the first time since they cancelled it at Disneyland! Cami and Tori loved it!

Thanks Gma and Gpa for having us! I think the reason we don't visit as much as I'd like is because it makes me never want to come back home!"

17 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO jealous! I know what Jen means when she says going to CA just makes it harder to go home. The only time I've been back to PV in the last 3 1/2 years was last August. I was only there for 2 days and I cried when I had to leave because the thought of going back to my regular life in Provo was so depressing. We really need to plan sisters' weekend and make sure it happens because I need a reason to go back there!

noelle said...

yes, a sister's weekend in pv would be great but not until i can go!!!

Anonymous said...

We won't have it until you can go...but what month would be good? Emily is due in September...so what about June or July.

jen said...

We're going to be on the baby roller coaster for a while now! You just have to plan it (probably after September because of all the blessings, births, summer vacations etc.) and hope that as many people can come as possible. But then we start into the holiday season. I don't know what we're going to do. Mom and I were talking and just think about when they all turn 8 and we have baptisms (and probably new baby blessings all at once)! It's giving me a headache just thinking about it!

noelle said...

i could do it in july - we were thinking about taking a trip down there anyway so that would work out nicely!

Chelsea said...

I need to know weeks and weeks and weeks in advance of sisters weekend, I've missed the last 3 and I don't want to miss another!

noelle said...

okay, so who is in charge of planning sisters weekend then? let's just get it planned now.

by the way, that picture of garrett buried in the sand is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Bridget or Noelle or Marci to be in charge

Bridget said...

I can plan it, but I really can't even begin to think about anything besides my thesis for another month. I'm scheduled to present on April 13th, defend on the 20th, and graduate on the 27th. If I'm going to meet those deadlines there is no way I can do anything else except take care of Paige and finish my thesis. But I'd be happy to plan it once I'm done :)

Marci said...

Bridget is definitely off the hook- and have you met Porter? He's a nightmare little ball of fire these days, but I'd be happy to do whatever- although, I think Jenn has been nominated as well...let me know. I know we can come up with a great get-together.

noelle said...

yes, we have officially nominated jenn. jenn, get to work!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Jen it is...that is great by me? Why does everyone spell her name with 2 n's? She only uses 1...
Hopefully Jen reads this.

Bridget said...

So Jen, are you going to plan it or what? I have lots of ideas for things we could do/places we could go if you'd like my input. And I think we're going to need at least a whole week, not just a weekend :)

Marci said...

I spell it with 2 nn's because that's how I see it spelled most often...so one 'n' it is!!!

jen said...

Are you crazy? ME??? I guess I can do it but I need input from everyone! I have 2 maybe 3 weekends that will work for me other than that my summer is already booked! I'll email you all if I have your addresses and we can talk about this at Noelles shower. See you this weekend. Chelsea-what is the earliest you can get here? End of June, first of July? Let me know.

noelle said...

you can't expect to keep a house that clean, work out that much, hold a job, and have such well-adjusted kids and think that we won't all notice that you're a pretty capable person. plus, you'll need to practice getting really organized and planning good family events when grandpa comes to live with you so we're just helping you prepare :).

Chelsea said...

Just plan it for whatever weekend that works best for everyone there, and I'll try to plan our travel around that!