Friday, March 9, 2007

Suggestions, please

So you guys know I'm the Laurel Advisor in my ward. There are seven of them, and I couldn't have a better group of girls. The first 10 minutes of every class are spent with them feeling my belly and chattering excitedly about the baby, asking me all kinds of personal questions about pregnancy and childbirth, and watching the other advisors blush as I happily answer them. They all swear they will babysit as much as I want but I know they are little liars. Anyway, we have had the hardest time coming up with good activities for Wednesday night, particularly ones that 17-18 year old girls will want to come to just a few months away from graduation, so I'm asking for suggestions. If you can remember a particular activity or something you did with a class you think I could replicate for my girls I would appreciate it!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

One of my favorite Laurel activities my senior year was when the advisors took us to a day spa. They (or the ward budget, I guess) paid our entrance fee which allowed us the use of the pools, sauna, showers, mud bath, etc. We were responsible for paying for anything else we wanted. It was fun mostly because we just hung out together all day outside by the pool, so you guys could even create your own spa day at someone's house and ask for volunteers to do manicures/pedicures, facials, massages, make-up etc. I don't really know what the point of our day at the spa was, but it was a lot of fun and everyone came!

noelle said...

oh, that's a good one. thanks bridget!

Anonymous said...

If I had gone to Young Women's I might have an answer for you. Sorry :(

Marci said...

You should do an affordable high fashion night. You have good taste- now take it to target and find things that look great (actually look great). That would be fun.

Marci said...

or the outlets- that can also be a good place to find some good deals. The Gap, sales at J Crew & Banana Republic. It's not that the girls families might not be able to afford expensive clothes- but shopping at Savvy isn't necessarily a good habit to form when you are 17- that's why I was thinking 'affordable' fashion.