Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Paige is 1 (Week)




Paige is a week old today! Bridget sent me the following note about being a new mom and this cute little munchkin's first week at home...

"Paige seems to have transitioned into our family beautifully. I know she's only a week old and things may change, but so far she's an angel and I couldn't be luckier. We've had a lot of fun during her first week with us! She eats (very enthusiastically) every 3 to 3 1/2 hours, and sleeps soundly in between. We haven't had any bouts of crying (from Paige), although she does get a little restless in the evenings and likes to be rocked. She seems to enjoy her sponge baths (as you can tell from the picture), and her first outing to the McEuen's for Sunday dinner was uneventful - I was a little worried about that long car ride. Yesterday we ran errands to Target, Roberts, and Nordstroms, and she never made a peep. I feel like a real mom now that I've nursed her in the the Nordstroms Women's Lounge! Papa surprised us and came up one day early so we went out to dinner last night and Paige slept through it; she didn't even seem to notice. I've had such a great time being her Mom!

Sadly, Honey's stay with us is coming to an end :( She's been a HUGE help and I'm a little nervous for her to leave. Tomorrow will be my first day alone with Paige. I only hope I can remember everything Mom has taught me and be as good to Paige as Mom has been to me. Thanks Mom!"

5 comments:

jen said...

She is so cute and I can't wait to see her! You will do great Bridget! I always got a little nervous and cried each time mom would leave, especially when I had 4! Don't worry!

Love ya, Jen

noelle said...

i tried to tell bridget i was just as good as mom but for some reason i don't think she believed me. mom really is the superstar baby nurse - that baby is totally well-adjusted and bridget's house was sparkling like a diamond last night by the time mom got done with it!

Anonymous said...

I cried when mom left too. Especially when Kate was born. This time I cried because i had to start doing my own laundry again. I can't wait to meet Paige. The end of the month seems so far away!

Chelsea said...

She's beautiful! I don't know when I'm going to get to meet her in person, maybe this Summer, hopefully soon! I cried when we brought Andrew home from the hospital, don't worry, you're a great mom already!

Marci said...

I'm so proud- the Nordstrom womens lounge!! I don't know if ALL Nordstroms have as nice an area as we do- good thing we live by this one. I've spent quite a lot of time in it! Way to go! hahaha! You're so brave!