Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One Of A Kind


So, as all of you know Parker is a pretty funny kid. And on Sunday he had a not so rare day of funny things to say. On the way to church he asks, in an exasperated voice, "Mom, is today fast or slow Sunday." I told him it was a slow Sunday, which actually most Sundays are to me, especially Fast Sunday.

So we are at church and there is a lady who is getting confirmed. Parker is closing his eyes for part of the confirmation and then I see him peek out. He watched intently for a moment and then says to me, "Mom, I don't see the Holy Ghost." I replied, "Well no buddy you can't see it." He says, "But Mom, she just got it and I didn't see it." I tried to quietly explain that we can't see the Holy Ghost because he doesn't have a body. So he made hand motions and whooshing sounds and said, "But Mom, I CANT SEE IT." I think he was expecting something like a scene from Pirates of the Carribean. It was hysterical and has made me laugh every time I think about it.

1 comment:

noelle said...

i hope you have noticed that ALL of your children are truly the only ones of their kind. i'm glad you're writing these things down finally - you could fill a book.